Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Getting Settled...

This morning was a special one! A morning to remember; walking my 2 oldest children to their 1st bus ride EVER to school. I swear I probably said the same things a million times in regards to how to use their tickets, where they should sit, where they should keep their tickets while at school, the cross streets they should get off at, NOT to get off the bus until they see me, what to do if they lose their tickets etc. I went on and on and on... I was such a nervous Mommy this morning; my husband had to tell me "Get it together Momma" with a smile on his face. I don't think I've ever been as scatter brained in my life; as I was this morning. It really is hard for me to realize how much they are growing up- in my eyes they are still so little. Shianne was so sweet, totally looking out for her little bro. ;)



School started yesterday up here; yes... we are now up North- we made it and are settling in. I think this place could grow on me; I really do miss my Mom though- we have talked just about everyday. The 1st day of school went fabulously for my 1st and 4th grader. When I dropped off Brenden, he was so excited and had no fear whatsoever. Then I dropped off Shianne and waited with her in her line; as I walked away she looked sooooooo nervous. I remembered being that girl, and just how scary it felt not quite knowing what to expect. I thought of her all day praying that the fear in her would subside. When I picked her up from school she was beaming!!! She had an AWESOME day, and was welcomed by so many people; including the principal. She looked so confident! Little Jimmy woke up yesterday and wanted to wear his new school clothes for homeschool. He even joined Brenden and Shianne for the traditional 1st day of school pictures. So, there you have it... settling in !




No comments:

Post a Comment