Thursday, March 14, 2013

Five Minute Friday} "Rest"

Dear God,

In those moments of feeling defeated
when I feel I've lost control of every situation,
Remind me you are in control

Remind me to rest in You.

When all the noises outside seem so loud,
when my heart races trying to figure it all out,

Remind me to rest in You.

When my to do list seems a mile long,
and nothing seems to get accomplished

Remind me to rest in you.

When things don't go according to my plans
remind me Your plans are better than mine,

and because of that I can take a deep breath,

feel your embrace among all that is uncertain,

and be reminded that You are always here,

and I can always Rest in You.

Thank You.

Love,
Me 


********************************

Now it's your turn - click on the five minute Friday logo below to participate, or to just read some beautiful entries based on one word.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Heather :) Found you from FMF. This is beautiful..it almost sounds like a song. I'm with you on the to-do lists and trying to plan things out. This semester, I'm constantly reminding myself to let it all go, breathe, and remember He's got it and why take it out of His hands? Glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such an important refrain... reminding ourselves... asking God to remind us to remember... to find our rest in Him.

    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Heather
    This is my fist visit to your blog from FMF, and I am so encouraged by your poem. I have Fm/CFS and am struggling today. I needed your prayer asking our Pappa to help me just rest in Him so much and it touched my heart in deep places. Just resting in His Loving Embrace!
    Much love XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete