Thursday, July 9, 2015

"Though it Costs all you Have"



I just love when Gods word just leaps off the page and jumps straight into my heart, at the core of my understanding. Just like a light bulb,  but even clearer.

Proverbs 4:6-8, "Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. Cherish her, and she will exalt you; embrace her, and she will honor you." (NIV) 


I was reading Proverbs 31 this morning, as part of my daily routine, and I came across this lovely verse.  In the verse the words "Though it costs all you have" stood out- I asked myself  Why would wisdom cost all you have? The next line reads- "get understanding".  


In order to understand what is wise God knows I'm gonna have to get rid of a piece of my own understanding, maybe even a huge chunk of it.  

Sometimes that feels as if I'm getting rid of a piece of me, and He knows how hard that can be. Getting past the point where I realize, that the piece of me I hold so tightly to is such a distraction from seeking Him.

But He says to me...


"Keep reading Heather--- when you cherish wisdom she will exalt you, hold onto her and she will honor you. 

It's gonna take all you have to let go and let Me, but you will understand. 
In the midst of that understanding you will be protected, and watched over without a doubt.
Remember this, and teach this to your children, for they have a lot of questions about how they will hear Me when they call."

No comments:

Post a Comment