Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Welcoming Fall...


Seasons-
I Love Gods Seasons. Just when one season ends we naturally desire a new ones arrival.

We grow tired of the heat and can't wait for the cold- we bring in the breezy chilled air until our bodies are naturally ready to be bundled up in our favorite blanket- with a cup of hot cocoa, held so tightly by both hands, as a fireplace flickers with warmth nearby.

Then we are ready for a break; time to watch beautiful flowers bloom, and begin to enjoy beautiful days outdoors- not too cold- not too hot; and beautiful sights of butterflies everywhere(what I like to think as one of Gods most beautiful creatures)!

Then we find ourselves ready for beach days- at least I am anyway; there is something about escaping the heat and enjoying a beautiful day at the beach; knowing it wont be too cold there.

Seasons- they are a beautiful gift from God.
Truthfully- as I tire from the same-o, same-o- Sometimes toward the end of a ripe season- I find myself ready for the next; not in climate; but in life.

I have found that not every season is enjoyable all the time; but that God gets us ready for a new one; something we cannot yet grasp; without experiencing the season we are in.

I have been in a season recently of just not feeling much connection with God; attempting to get through on my own- only for Him to remind me in that season to start anew with Him.

And for this I am thankful for Gods gift of seasons. There is always a new one right around the corner. Seasons grow our faith; and grow our love and gratitude to the things God has done- and will do.
"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him" 1 Corinthians 2:9

Habakkuk 3:17,18 "Even though the fig trees are all destroyed, and their is neither blossom left nor fruit, and though the olive crops all fail, and the fields lie barren; even if the flocks die in the fields and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will be happy in the God of my salvation."

Eccl: 3:1 "There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under Heaven".

No comments:

Post a Comment