Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Power in Reaching...


"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him." 1 Corinthians 2:9

Imagine for a moment that sense of security in reaching for a hand, and it reaching back for yours-

the way it feels once those two hands willingly connect.

"You have made known to me the path of life! You will fill me with joy in your presence with eternal pleasure at your right hand" Psalms 16:11

As I read this verse I remembered one day in the parking lot- in front of the mall- reaching for my sons hand- I didn't even have to look- I just put my hand back trusting my son would grab hold. It felt so good when he did.

Now this is the way it has been with all my children; but of course there is the occasional frustrated, stern Mommy voice saying "HOLD MY HAND!!!" I know I'm not the only Momma whose kids don't 100% of the time practice this simple gesture so naturally.

Just look at how good God is- He's on the other end patiently upholding His right hand just waiting for us to find that natural response, to reach right back for His.

Like the verse... when we know, and live like we are at His right hand- (because we are my sweet friend) we are filled with joy in His presence.
Just like the Joy that is felt when our sweet children naturally respond to our hands reaching out for them.

We know it pleases the Lord when we live our lives for His purpose- I'm positive He feels that JOY every-time we naturally grab hold of Him knowing He is reaching.

As with our children; sometimes it's reaching for our safety, for our comfort- and sometimes just because HE LOVES US THAT MUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment