Monday, January 2, 2012
Post # 170- Another New Year...
The list of resolutions goes on and on once again.
My top 10 in no particular order...
1. That God teaches me more and more everyday to be patient, in His timing, not mine.
Or shall I say; that I will ALLOW God to teach me more in this area. - ALLOW is the key word.
2. Facebook significantly less; and blog much more. I yearn this year for more face to face relationships; not just virtual ones.
3. Go through the 20 week study of "The Power of a Praying Wife" series by Stormie O'Martin- and learn to be a prayer warrior in my home- and be a better wife.
4. Finish my trait journey that I started last year; which I only got a quarter of the way through. All based on this verse:
2 Peter 1: 3-9
His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. Through these He has given us His very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self control; and to self control; perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge
of our Lord Jesus Christ. But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.
I still have 7 more traits to journey through- and I know I wont be disappointed to dig deep in these areas. I left off at the "Goodness" part of my journey and I've journaled a lot in this area; just haven't posted anything on it yet.
The journey is in this order: Faith-Goodness-Knowledge-Self Control- Perseverance-Godliness-Brotherly Kindness-and Love.
I have to be honest I have been avoiding the knowledge aspect of this because I am no biblical scholar; but Gods showing me I need faith in Him to give me the knowledge that he teaches me through everyday life- that is if I listen. :)
Click here to see the original post.
5. Read a lot more! Books to inspire and get me digging deep in Gods word.
6. Family Devotionals- I'm bound and determined to get these started.
7. Of course- working out is always on the list.
8. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS- Being a better Mother.
9. Keeping a more organized home; which in turn help all of us organize our minds- Funny how that works.
10. To not forget where I come from, my testimony, and where God has brought me. I want others to know God can do AMAZING things!!!
Off I go... entering 2012!!!