Friday, April 6, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Light


"You are the Light of the world; a city on a hill cannot be hidden" I hear this song playing in my head; a song by Hillsong worship team.
It is a song that I clearly remember singing more than 12 years ago; while expecting my first child. I remember driving in my car as a baby christian belting these lyrics out to my Savior. Feeling every lyric lift my soul.
Thinking on the word "Light" this morning
This is who I yearn to be,
This is who I pray my children will yearn to be,
This is what I pray my marriage to display; His light.
Because a city on a Hill cannot be hidden!
I pray that we can live a life in this way; being His light in this dark world-
so that others can feel Gods precious, never-ending love lift their souls too.
That they be given a reason to sing, a reason to shout, so they will get to experience what it's like when He lights their world!

"You are the light of the world. A city on a Hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on it's stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:14-16

_______________________________________________________________________

Now it's your turn click here to participate, or just to read some beautiful entries based on one word.

No comments:

Post a Comment