Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Seeking

"Have you ever done this?"  I covered my eyes with my left hand, opened my bible with my right and planted my finger firmly, wherever it may land.  

I continued asking my daughter " Have you ever just closed your eyes, opened up your bible, and placed your finger wherever it may go- just to see if there is something God wants to show you?"

Yes this sounds silly, but come to find out my husbands done it too.  It was interesting because I landed on a verse that was talking about constructional measurements.  I told her I don't think that was a word meant for me, but who knows?  We both laughed.

"Let me try" she said 

and her finger landed on Ecclesiastes 12:1-2; if you knew the day she had, and the struggles she's been facing; God placed His precious word on her heart tonight with a verse I have never read, pertaining to the youth:


"Remember your creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, "I find no pleasure in them"
Ecclesiastes 12:1

WOW!  To say this was not God himself would just be plain silly.  We laughed so hard, and we both were in awe at a moment that God revealed Himself to us.
A memorable moment shared, and never to be forgotten.

What an awesome verse for our youth to take a breather, release some pressure, and not feel the need to grow up so fast.  Not many adults "don't" wish they could go back and do things differently, by not stressing out so much about the things that didn't really matter as much as we thought they did then.  
If we find no pleasure in the days to come, because life is hard; if we remember our childlike faith in Christ; then as adults we will truly know He understands, and wont fail seeing us through the storms.


If the video doesn't play by clicking on the video; click on the link below!  :)  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment