Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Yet Another Season

I was feeling despair from so many different angles; every which way I felt attacked - defeated - and just right out ready to throw my towel in and if it was possible lay in bed for days until it all magically disappeared .  
I felt withdrawn, hopeless, 
it was yet another season of not feeling Gods presence, but I was wrong- way wrong! 
I was withdrawn ; I threw my faith out the window and kept some of it in tact; but mostly i withdrew. 
I needed to read Gods word so desperately.   
I was feeling resentful towards family situations, and my husband- oh but he so deserved it.  Feeling this way is how I knew I desperately needed to take a trip back through the New Testament and allow Jesus to speak into my tired, weary, and aching heart.  
I knew anything in red is just what I needed; so that is precisely what I did.  
As I read word for word through the first 10 chapters in the book of Matthew I was reminded of Jesus' character and how no one can ever compare to the inspiration of His life here on this earth! 
I took a moment and thanked God for His gift - and reminder that Jesus never turned anyone away.  
If you and I were unable to read His sermons we would never understand the true meaning of forgiveness.  
Then I thumbed through my bible and found an insert I had slipped in there back in January 2010,  
just waiting for this very day; 
it was titled our constant friend. 
2 Timothy 4:16-18

"At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me.  May it not be held against them. But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might fully be proclaimed and all the gentiles might hear it.  And I was delivered from the Lions mouth.  The Lord WILL rescue me from EVERY evil attack and WILL bring me safely to His Heavenly kingdom.  To Him be glory for ever and ever.  Amen."

If there was ever a verse to be memorized, and proclaimed in prayer during the shifting of seasons, and the roughness in growth- it is most definitely this one!


If you knew my week;about a month ago this was just what God knew I needed to hear, there was definitely a reason for it being tucked away for 3 years.  The devotional I have copied below from Charles Stanley's in touch January 2010 devotional.


Our Constant Friend

Many of us have experienced times of abandonment just when we needed that other person the most. It could have been a spouse withdrawing emotionally, a co-worker who ignored us, or a close friend who seemed too busy to help. The life of the apostle Paul teaches us how not to become discouraged in these situations.
Remember that the Lord is always with us. When we trust in Jesus as our personal Savior, we enter into a permanent relationship with Him, and His Spirit comes to live in us. Through the Holy Spirit, Jesus remains with us at all times, regardless of the circumstance. He is our friend—one who will never leave us. And His is the most important friendship we have. Reading our Bible will help us to remember this.
Draw on God's strength. Through the Holy Spirit, we have access to divine power every minute of the day. When we let go of control and depend on the Lord, we will be able to draw on His strength. Then, if family or friends cause hurt, His presence will provide comfort and help us to forgive them.
Look expectantly for God's deliverance. Paul testified that the Lord had rescued him and would continue to deliver him from every evil situation. He knew he could always trust God.
Paul faced many painful situations without the support of friends. Toward the end of his life, those who cared about him were widely scattered. Yet his attitude remained hopeful because Christ was his constant Friend. Do you know the Savior? Are you aware of His presence throughout your day?

CREDIT:

No comments:

Post a Comment