Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Project Month

December has turned into an all out project month for this household; which completely explains my absence here in blog land.  I love the smells of Christmas; pinecones, and the smell of baked goods.  As I work hard on projects at my dining room table I am creating like my Grandmother.  My Grandmother (we call her Gi-Gi) owned one of the cutest country gift shops; when I was a little girl I got to work in it with her.  I have such special memories of that cute little shop of hers.
I remember going to her house and seeing a hot glue gun, doilies, lace, tacky glue bottles, dried flowers- you name it- she was making it!
This month I sorta feel like her; because my table is covered with projects; that bring me so much memories of my childhood.  I think I am finally over doing things just right; and instead not being so afraid to try to create new things.  So Far - so good!



A sign I made using a board, card board letters, and paint- I am loving the white on white:

A sign I painted over; it used to be red with a different message.  I made it based on the verse "Love Covers a multitude of sins" :

The angel is actually my tree topper; it's my favorite:

A Frame I made using frames, paint, fabric, hot glue, and timeless black and white photos of my children:


Not the best picture of this project because it was taken at night; (but you get the idea) I used an old frame, paint, book tag from my scrapbook supplies, hot glue, burlap, and Heidi Swapp date stamp:

 I frosted my pinecones with help from my daughter using epsom salt, modge podge, and hung them with twine:

I hung these from my chandelier;  cute and simple:


 LOVE LOVE LOVE
Pinecones:


No comments:

Post a Comment