Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 9} When Your Heart is Heavy



1 Corinthians 13: 4-7
"Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres". 
 
What if you know Love is Kind, and you live your day seeking after this part of the verse- you make it a point to make your every word and every response a kind one.
But kindness doesn't come back to you in return-
Instead it feels like one of the hardest most defeating days you have ever had.
That was my day; 
I woke up ready to tackle my day with kindness-
and I was given a day where I felt no matter how much kindness I displayed as a Mother;
I felt defeated.
I was faced with some pretty extreme cases- cases of poor behavior that had to be reprimanded;
staying kind during all of that was definitely a task!
My heart is heavy as a Mother; because I so desperately want to know my children are learning from their mistakes-
for their own sake
not mine.
It absolutely kills me to see any of my children
repeatedly choose defiance over doing what is right.
This is when God steps in through my tears; and says- "They'll see it one day- 
and I am showing you exactly what to be praying for in your sweet child when they act this way, 
if they didn't act out
you wouldn't exactly know how to direct your prayers.  Don't feel defeated, stay strong in Me- I am your Rock! Hold on tight- don't you ever give up on being kind-
and remember what I showed you yesterday?  Love is Patient- So be Patient my sweet child." 


 31 Days of Fear Free Mothering:
Day 1 - When Fear Sets In
Day 2-  It's Not Personal 
Day 3- The Fear of Your Past
Day 4- Planning Ahead

Day 5- Fear of them Growing up too Fast 
Day 6- When God uses your Fears
Day 7- A Quote on Motherhood
Day 8- Love is Patient
 Day 9- When Your Heart is Heavy
 Day 10- Day 11- Day 12- Day 13- Day 14- Day 15- Day 16- Day 17- Day 18- Day 19- Day 20- Day 21- Day 22- Day 23- Day 24- Day 24- Day 25- Day 26- Day 27- Day 28- Day 29- Day 30- Day 31-
 

No comments:

Post a Comment