Thursday, August 4, 2011

"Like a Tree Planted by the Water"...


August 3, 2011

Today’s journal entry is In ten years what do I want to be known for? In ten years I want to be known for writing. Someone who learned the quality of painting a picture with her words, and can encourage others in sharing what God has taught me; whether that be in struggles or victories. In my school age years I always loved to be given a topic in English to write on; which is why I think this August Project is so neat. Not to mention with years of continuous practice I can’t get worse; I can only improve right?

What I want to be known as ten years from now sure sets up a pretty big platform to purposely live- and really take a moment to focus on where God is leading me. I think aside from writing, first and foremost I want to be known as a Christian who is not afraid to share my faith in the Savior who changed, and continues to change my life. That my story will be shared in a way that is so real to others that they will know they are not alone and can experience the same joy I have. I want to be known as faithful to walk the course He’s laid before me- no matter what He purposes me to do. Known for the girl who didn’t miss her calling even though I am probably one of the most shy girls EVER! With that in mind I want to be known for the Confidence I have in Him.

Jeremiah 17:7-8
“But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out it’s root by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; it’s leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment