Sunday, September 30, 2012

31 Days to Fear Free Mothering... Day 1 } "When Fear Sets In"

When Fear Sets In }

I'm linking up with "The Nesting Place" for the first time ever where I will write for 31 days straight on one topic; each day focusing on one point.  Today is Day 1.
While deciding on a topic, I knew I needed to choose something that I can focus on and learn from day by day- to me that is Mothering, without Fear.
Does this mean I have this subject mastered?  
Not at all; and I am extremely convinced no Mother on this planet does, but writing on this subject will certainly help me; and quite possibilly other Mothers relate and work through some of the Fears we all have.

It is in our nature as Mothers to be afraid of this job that we've been given to raise up our children in the way they should go.  
We tend to feel the outcome is all on us instead of seeing our children growing through their mistakes- 
and walking alongside them as Christ does us.  
"Train a child in the way He should go, and He will not depart from it"  Proverbs 22:6
This verse alone is enough for me to think "Oh my gosh; I really really really hope I get this right for my kids- so they "wont" depart from it".  This is when the fear sets in-
the feeling of I am not capable of being this kind of parent.  
Then I think on the word "Fear" and the first verse that comes to mind is "Fear not, for I am with you"!  Isaiah 41:10
God knows we are afraid, He knows we cannot do it alone, that is why He reminds us to remember that He is there; and He is way bigger than ANY fear we could possibally have.
I hear His whisper ...
"Heather, don't forget - you need me- remind your children of this also, and it is okay to fail- it is through your failures that you will seek me, and see just how powerful I am- and through your example they will also!"  Then my favorite verse comes to mind:
"For I know the plans I have for you", says the Lord.  "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.  " Jeremiah 29:11

So it is okay- I do not need to be afraid, but at the same time it is okay to feel fear- because without it I wouldn't need Him
Without it I wouldn't know where to go when the fear sets in.

So today, us as Mothers can hold tight to His word, and cry out to Him with our fears- and our desire to know how to raise them up right; because He is more than able- and wants to lead us every step of the way!

Day 1 - When Fear Sets In
Day 2-  It's Not Personal 
Day 3- Day 4- Day 5- Day 6- Day 7- Day 8- Day 9- Day 10- Day 11- Day 12- Day 13- Day 14- Day 15- Day 16- Day 17- Day 18- Day 19- Day 20- Day 21- Day 22- Day 23- Day 24- Day 24- Day 25- Day 26- Day 27- Day 28- Day 29- Day 30- Day 31-



 

1 comment: