Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Look Back at Last Year} August

Posted:  August 2012

Five Minute Friday: Connect

He Loved us FIRST!

There was a time; long ago when the idea of connect came so easy!  I look back and see myself as a young 20 something.  I see her, a young woman who dealt with connecting to people in a whole different way than she does now.  So different that it's me; and it doesn't even feel like it was me.
Finding a connect, and being social came so easy somehow.  And well now- it's just different. 
I've even been called "socially awkward" ; in a jokingly way- but OUCH!  
Being described as socially awkward was enough for me to reach out to God and seek Him to find out what has happened to me.  Because if I can be that Christian woman who can share Gods love and have the same skills of connecting with people as I did as a young 20 something; well - then - THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!
So what happened?
Because of the Five Minute Friday prompt today - CONNECT -  I asked again - and He answered.

Disappointment in my past relationships have developed me to shut down; put my head in my turtle shell and clam up!  LIFE happened; relationships changed and it caused me to connect less.

God showed me this morning that to CONNECT with people doesn't have to be easy; I will be let down; but I need to keep on loving and keep on connecting; REGARDLESS of my fears.

IT GETS BETTER:

He showed me "Clear as Day"  that when I am not responsive to His calling, and when I am not connecting with Him - He never walks away and says "Oh she's just not gonna listen" - or "Oh Man that Heather is so difficult to get along with"!!! and telling all the angels in heaven "Can you believe what Heather just did??? I am not talking to her ever again!"  Or better yet-  "She didn't invite me!"
Nope that's not the God I serve!
The God I serve is the God who Loves me through it all.

How does this teach me how to do better at connecting with others?
To follow His lead and Love others through it all too!
To connect with people NO MATTER what response I get, or whether or not they've let me down in the past.
That before disappointment I didn't even know what "hard to connect with people" was, therefore to not let disappointments affect the Love and connection I have with others.
After all He loves me this way!  I am called to do the same!

Jeremiah 31:3-4
"I have loved you with an everlasting Love; I have drawn you with Loving- Kindness
I will build you up again, and you will be rebuilt,
again you will take up your tambourines 
and go out to dance with the joyful"

God's love is UNFAILING and EVERLASTING; because He Loved us FIRST!

Isaiah 54:10 
Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, 
yet my unfailing Love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,
says the Lord,
who has compassion on you.

1 John 4:10-12
"This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us 
and sent His son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.  
Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us
and His love is made complete in us."

No comments:

Post a Comment