Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

This was a blog post I wrote for Lisa Jo's Five Minute Friday earlier last year.  As I was skimming through my blog; I found it- and thought -what a great reminder for heading into this new year...

This is my year to be stretched-
stretched beyond what I ever thought possible 
in my walk with Christ
and in my walk with others.

While being stretched isn't always comfortable; 
I am reaping the life living rewards of following His Precious ways.

As I stretch my arms out wide I feel His presence,
and He never fails to give me a timeline glimpse of where I once was,
to where He has brought me to.

I am utterly overwhelmed by His love I can't keep my arms down-
He is more than worthy of praise!
He is my Amazing!
He is my guide- and He loves me- 
and I
Love- Him - too!
In the midst of beautiful song and worship I am drawn by Him to feel closer-
I stretch my arms out
and
HE SETS ME FREE!

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God"  Colossians 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment