Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 8} Love is Patient


I opened my bible up tonight to see a flash of yellow highlighter right before my eyes.
I just love it when that happens 
when I open up Gods word to find just what I needed
when I didn't even know what to write about.
It's as if He whispers "I can show you something even more here"
and it makes me happy!
That the same verse can hit home so many times; in so many different ways!
He knew what He was doing when He wrote it-
that 
is why I treasure His word.


1 Corinthians 13: 4-7
"Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres".

There is so much in this verse that puts us Mothers in check per say.

LOVE IS PATIENT
 Being patient is sometimes hard.  When your running out the door and cannot be late, when your just plain tired and want them to understand what you are trying to teach them,
when you haven't had a cup of coffee yet and your just trying so hard to make it downstairs to grab a cup before you can listen.

And like just now- when your son comes in to show you the smallest scrape in the world claiming he thinks it's bleeding- and you just don't want to lose your train of thought-so you quickly look- notice it isn't and rush him off- after all you just put the little guy to bed, talked to him about how he wanted a block of cheese for dinner tomorrow night- laughed, gave kisses and hugs- now my parts done and everyone should stay in bed.

While this is true; that children should obey their parents-
we still need to be patient with them
God said it! Not Me!
That means we Love our children so much that we are to be patient with them.
It doesn't mean let them do whatever they want- but instead of rushing them off- take a moment to look, listen lovingly, and re-direct them back to bed;
because that's what Gods love is "Patient".
How many times have I been out of my bed, He's never rushed me back to where I belong out of impatience; instead He lovingly re-directs me- and never gives up.

So when we fear that we as Mothers don't have it in us to be patient;
and we make a mistake; God patiently re-directs us to making it right 
with ours
 and 
His precious children.


 31 Days of Fear Free Mothering:
Day 1 - When Fear Sets In
Day 2-  It's Not Personal 
Day 3- The Fear of Your Past
Day 4- Planning Ahead

Day 5- Fear of them Growing up too Fast 
Day 6- When God uses your Fears
Day 7- A Quote on Motherhood
Day 8- Love is Patient
 Day 9- Day 10- Day 11- Day 12- Day 13- Day 14- Day 15- Day 16- Day 17- Day 18- Day 19- Day 20- Day 21- Day 22- Day 23- Day 24- Day 24- Day 25- Day 26- Day 27- Day 28- Day 29- Day 30- Day 31-

No comments:

Post a Comment